In episode 11 of our Initiation Series, we chat with Juan Ochoa, an illustrator that fell in love with Glorantha with the most unlikely book you could ever start with. And he wishes he had started with King of Sartar instead!
Other things we chat about in this episode:
- The one RPG shop in Columbia
- Having a player buy more books than the gamemaster
- Running Glorantha with the crunch of RuneQuest, or with FATE, or with Mythras
- Playing in the west to avoid the “Argrath Cinematic Universe”
- How to deal with diverging from the metaplot
- Tekumel and Middle Earth as very linguistically developed settings
- The Hall of Blue Illumination, a podcast on Tekumel
- Note: this interview was recorded before “the news” about MAR Barker… if you don’t know what I’m talking about, it won’t take you long to find out
Where to find Juan’s art:
The intro music is “Dancing Tiger” by Damscray. The outro music is “Islam Dream” by Serge Quadrado. Other audio is from the FreeSound library.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (17.1MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS | More
Leave a Reply