For our third episode of Wind Words, we decided to have a look at the narrative in Cults of Prax.
But before that comes our regular look at the news and rumors.
The Herald’s Podium
Corona Virus-related news items:
- How COVID19 impacts the gaming industry and fandom
- EnWorld interviews
- Games Distributors closing down (EnWorld Article).
- and withholding payments to games publishers (BoardgameGeek, Newsarama).
- Some publishers are shutting down their warehouses for physical products (Paizo quoted on EnWorld).
- Chaosium’s distributing partners in the USA, UK, Australia, Poland and Canada are still handling direct sales of printed material (Chaosium Blog), and Chaosium is not laying off anyone for the time being.
- Electronic copies of Glorantha material are (and will be) available on the Chaosium web-store and on Drivethrurpg, and also newly on Itch.io.
- Conventions moving to online events:
- Chaosium art for virtual backgrounds for your online gaming.
- Chaosium primer for on-line gaming.
- Free stuff to be used during the isolation:
- Color Your Own Troll(kin) by Beer With Teeth from their Jonstown Compendium scenario Rocks Fall.
- RuneQuest Coloring Book:
- RuneQuest Coloring Book Competition Announement.
- Download from Chaosium.com or from Itch.io.
- BRP SRD OGL:
- Announcement on the Chaosium Blog.
- Glorantha content (and other existing Chaosium lines) excempt, but Gloranthan material can be published in their Jonstown Compendium community content program.
- Jonstown Compendium News:
- Chaosium’s Journey to Jonstown series on their blog reports Jonstown Compendium items always among the top 10 on Drivethrurpg community content rankings.
- A Rough Guide to Glamour is finally out, produced by Nick Brooke with a gorgeous new art piece available via Chaosium’s Red Bubble store. A review by Andrew Logan Montgomery gives quite an endorsement, too.
- Reaching Moon Megacorp.
- The character sheets for The Life of Moonson freeform are on Nick’s Glorantha webpage.
- The Sing’along’a’Nick Gloranthan Songbook on his website, too.
- Jorthan’s Rescue Redux, a RQ2 mini-scenario in White Dwarf 19 by John Sapienza and Stephen R.Marsh expanded and adapted to RQG by Matthew Pook.
- The Corn Dolls: Sandheart Volume 2: A sequel to Tales of the Sun Dome Militia by Jonathan Webb.
- Night of the Quacking Dead by Austin Conrad: The rumours were true!
- Nick Brooke’s index to all Jonstown Compendium RuneQuest Scenarios is regularly updated.
- Humakt, Raven and Wolf, a Humakti heroquest for RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha by Jacob Andersson.
- Whitestone Ruin by Paul Baker, the first of three planned scenarios in the Namoldin clan of the Malani tribe near Apple Lane.
- Soundtrack for “Glorantha: The Gods War” Kickstarter
- Referring to Sandy Petersen’s game Glorantha: the Gods War.
- Valley of Plenty – an upcoming HeroQuest scenario by Shawn and Penny Carpenter of Troupe Games, part one of the Jaldonkiller Saga set in the Dundealos tribe.
- Ludo mentions the exclusive French language supplement on the Dundealos tribe for the French edition of RuneQuest Glorantha that was crowdfunded on GameOnTabletop.
- Barbarian Town project by Sarah Newton (also mentioned on Facebook and BRP Central).
- Ars Magica troupe-style gaming.
- Six Seasons in Sartar, a sourcebook and RQG campaign by Andrew Logan Montgomery, set in an obscure clan of the Colymar Tribe.
- Print on Demand options are researched for RuneQuest Classic and other Chaosium products, including the Jonstown Compendium. Some of these products are already avaiable on Lulu.
Main Topic: Biturian’s Travels (part 1)
Cults of Prax
The first Glorantha supplement for RuneQuest 2 for the setting of Glorantha, now available in the Gloran tha Classics series and also as part of the RuneQuest Classics Cult Compendium.
Presumably the first splatbook in the history of roleplaying products,
Ludo mentions Shannon Appelcline’s Designers and Dragons, a four volume history of roleplaying written by a Chaosium insider, and kept up to date over on rpg.net.
First stop: Hender’s Ruins
A Baboon Daka Fal ceremony observed by Biturian, manifesting the spirit world or even God Time to the observer.
Second stop: The Block
Talking about Truestone, Gloranthan honey, troll caravans, sugar and Aldryami syrup.
Third stop; Day’s Rest
A bison wedding, parallels to Sacagawea from the Lewis&Clarke expedition, slave bracelets, bolgs (not clacks), detection magics and hiding from them.,
Conclusion: a praise for the narratives in the rules books and supplements: Rurik Runespear (RQ2 rules), Biturian Varosh (Cults of Prax), Paulis Longvale (Cults of Terror), non-Gloranthan Cormac the Pict (RQ3), Jaxarte Whyded (Sun County), Samastina (HeroQuest Glorantha) and Vasana (RQG).
Letters to Wind Words
Please send your questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it on the Podcast of Wonder thread on BRP Central. Feel free to comment or share on social media, too.
If you send us a sound file, we will make use of that.
And mentioning our friends in Finland: Episode 3 of Dayzatarin Tähtien Alla is out.
Now who left in that blooper?
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (58.2MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS | More